— Will Leitch (via massholehackey)
nhl teams always come up with the weirdest stats like “the pens are 6-0-0 when crosby ties his right skate first and kunitz drinks orange juice in the morning”
The Facebook data team has created a map (attached) that shows where fans of all 16 NHL playoff teams are located across the U.S. and Canada.
- The Los Angeles Kings and the Anaheim Ducks do not have a plurality of fans in any state or province.
- The Chicago Blackhawks have the most fans by territory, with a plurality of fans in 10 U.S. states.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins follow, with a plurality of fans in 9 territories (3 provinces and 6 states).
- The Canadian provinces only have a plurality of fans for two teams, the Montreal Canadiens and the Pittsburgh Penguins.
It all starts tonight
Ooo, ooo, ooo he’s a little unusual
Ooo, ooo, ooo he’s American beautiful
every game in the league against the flyers is a rivalry game because nobody fucking likes them
- “Hockey fans couldn’t care less whether or not you accept their sport, whether you think it worthy of coverage, whether it won its time slot in the...”
nhl teams always come up with the weirdest stats like “the pens are 6-0-0 when crosby ties his right skate first and kunitz drinks...